Saturday, March 08, 2014

#80. How Jesus Became a Christian!

That summer day was intensely hot when St. Luke walked along the trail toward a village called Emmaus. Up ahead a ways, he saw a man seated on a log at the edge of the road, wiping the perspiration from his forehead. He had a beard and long hair -- wearing a white robe. Luke thought to himself that he looked a lot like Jesus. As he neared the young man, St. Luke spoke: “Excuse me sir, but you are a dead ringer for Jesus of Nazareth!” 

“FOLLOW ME!” he said.

But Luke explained to Jesus that he was a Gentile – not a Jew. The Master corrected him, saying, “Oh, that’s ok, for truly I say unto you that I am no longer of the Jewish faith, for I have converted over to Christianity.”

St. Luke was in total shock – it seemed like ten minutes before he got his bearings and responded. “I don’t understand, Jesus. You were raised by Jewish parents, Joseph and Mary, and you became an itinerant rabbi with twelve disciples. I know all about you! I have been gathering all the true facts about your life because I am planning to write a book about the early church. It will be called The Acts. So, explain to me what happened, Jesus. I want to know everything so I can put it all in my book.”

“OK,” said Jesus, “sit down here beside me on this log and I’ll give you the blow by blow story. You see, my disciples and I were walking on the road to Damascus around noontime when suddenly a very, bright light from heaven flashed around me. Well, I fell to the ground and heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, ‘Get Up!’ I knew it had to be the Father because nobody else has the power to cause me to fall to the ground.” 

On the edge of his log, Luke sputtered out the words, “Go On!” 

Jesus continued, “Well, the Father said that he wanted me to help out St. Paul, who is spreading­­ a new religion to the Gentiles. He is crisscrossing the land and seas, preaching this new religion about his mystical Christ Jesus all around the world. Well, that's all there was to it!”

Next thing you know, there is Paul, standing in front of me, preaching his gospel to me. I asked him what I needed to do to become a Christian. He said I must have faith in Christ Jesus and be baptized in the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

I said, 'Well, here is some water.' So, I was baptized then and there. So, now I am a Christian, helping out St. Paul here and there when he needs help.”

Luke almost fell off his log. Finally, he spoke these words to the converted Jesus. “Ah, I’m sorry. Ah, I’m really sorry; but I can’t put that story in my book. First of all, nobody would believe it! And secondly . . .

"I DON’T BELIEVE IT!"

A Complete List of Titles


Visit Unity Chapel Website
. Free Hit Counters

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe it also! But nicely put together Virgil...
You are so creative and you use a lot of wonderful humor! Makes for a more interesting read my friend. Kudos to you!

10:12 AM, March 22, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

#80. How Jesus Became a Christian!